Auto shutoff for leak control

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Is there a product I can buy that detects leaks/flooding and will tell a valve installed at my water pipe to shut off and also give me a notification of said shutoff. Basically automatic leak protection with notifications?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes. A few manufacturers make them. The one we install the most is Moen Flo. It detects abnormal flow patterns, sends you an alert and shuts the water off.

1679599715205.png

We also install a lot of Floodstops which are single point of use units (they can be daisy chained) on water heaters and clothe washers. Mostly when those fixtures are located in second floors or condos.

1679599942031.png

There are other more complicated fully wired systems that actually detect water at points of use, but they're very expensive to purchase and install.

I believe that many insurance companies will give you a discount for installing a leak detection system.

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Thanks for the informative answer. Just want to protect the finished area of my basement from the mechanical area, and perhaps the main level from a clothes washer mishap

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks