Attempting To move Toilet over and remove unsightly drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

jinabox

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am Attempting to move my toilet over and eliminate the the WYE in my basement washroom.

My questions is what fittings do I use when trying to drain from two opposite directions?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 151

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, you're trying to move the toilet location in the first photo of the exposed floor. And try to move/hide the exposed pipe in the 2nd photo of the finished washroom?

Are the pipes we see in the exposed flooring the same as we see in the finished room?

For me I like to see an architectural style layout of what you want to build and where the plumbing is in relation.

jinabox

Reaction score
So, you're trying to move the toilet location in the first photo of the exposed floor. And try to move/hide the exposed pipe in the 2nd photo of the finished washroom?

Are the pipes we see in the exposed flooring the same as we see in the finished room?

For me I like to see an architectural style layout of what you want to build and where the plumbing is in relation.

Yes they are the same pipes. The two bathrooms are above and below each other. Basement one is finished, The 4" stack beside the cat5 cables in the rough in photo is all the way out in no mans land in the basement washroom. This is what Im trying to eliminate.

The toilet that I want to move is currently connected to this stack before in 45's and hits the stack that's slightly covered by drywall.

When this is all said and done my intention is to fur out that little protruding bit and have an access door for the clean out.

I'd like to extend the part in the drywall, 45 into the drop. To the right of this will be a toilet and bathtub, to the left the stack will continue to the roof and pickup the sink.

Drainage will be flowing into it from both directions.

Im not sure if im allowed to use a Double Ell, or if it even comes in that size, or do I use a Double Y and Cap the center

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can you draw a sketch that shows the walls of the bathroom, where the toilet, sink and tub/shower want to be located and where the the existing 4" stack is buried in the wall of the basement bathroom?

I'm not certain what code you are working with in canada.. I know I've never used a double ell like that.. I've used double wyes.. with street 45s glued in to create proper grade.. but thats a pretty big fitting for where I think you want to use it in your layout. There are many ways to get your plumbing installed.. lets take a look at the layout.. start from there.

jinabox

Reaction score
Can you draw a sketch that shows the walls of the bathroom, where the toilet, sink and tub/shower want to be located and where the the existing 4" stack is buried in the wall of the basement bathroom?

I'm not certain what code you are working with in canada.. I know I've never used a double ell like that.. I've used double wyes.. with street 45s glued in to create proper grade.. but thats a pretty big fitting for where I think you want to use it in your layout. There are many ways to get your plumbing installed.. lets take a look at the layout.. start from there.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 130

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, I think this works to plumb the bathroom in the simplest way. The stack just goes straight up and in the floor a San Tee to the toilet with a Wye branch off to the tub. The tub vents the both fixtures.. using the dead space in the tub or aiming into the wall at a 45 degree angle to remain vertical. The sink drain is above grade to the stack. Circles in drawing indicate a vertical section.
move plumbing.png

jinabox

Reaction score
So, I think this works to plumb the bathroom in the simplest way. The stack just goes straight up and in the floor a San Tee to the toilet with a Wye branch off to the tub. The tub vents the both fixtures.. using the dead space in the tub or aiming into the wall at a 45 degree angle to remain vertical. The sink drain is above grade to the stack. Circles in drawing indicate a vertical section. View attachment 71749

I added to your drawing and drew a riser diagram if that helps any. the riser shows the new lay out. The 4" stack us outside the bathroom on the main floor inside of a closet.

I went to Home Depot and measured some pieces. I have 17 inches of clearance inside the existing Drop. If i put a 4x4x3 San Tee and a 4" street 90 (13")I should be able to get to the existing stack going to the roof. This would eliminate the ugly connections in my basement completely.

Is there a free online program I can use to Draw this diagram?

Attachments

• move plumbing1.png
    move plumbing1.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 125
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks