Attach 1/2" Copper Pipe to a 1-1/4" Union on a Brass Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Baumgrenze

Reaction score
I'm looking for a part name and getting frustrated.

The maker of my pump created it with 1-1/4" male brass union fittings. I need to connect it to 1/2" copper pipe. It is clear that I don't need 2 complete unions, but rather just the part with the female nut and the flange.

What should I search for or ask for at a plumbing supply shop?

thanks,
baumgrenze

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unions are made as a 3 piece set, and the pieces are UNIQUE. You cannot just buy any half of a union and attach it to another half. Therefore, you need to find out WHO MADE that union and buy the parts from them.

Baumgrenze

Reaction score
HJ

Thank you for the information. Your teaching me I needed a unique mating part reinforced my conclusion that it ought to be available. It is. It is the Grundfos 529913, 1/2" Bronze Sweat Union Set. The prices and images are all over the map from vendors!
Some sell sets of 2 and some single packs of flange, nut and o-ring. Some ask double the price for a single vs. a pair. The world of suppliers on the web is a 'strange place!' Now all I need to do is establish which vendors might possibly be trustworthy.

thanks
baumgrenze

Baumgrenze

Reaction score
Thanks, but I was put off by reports on websites like

http://www.revdex.com/

where customers place an order and end up waiting weeks while the vendor obtains an item listed as 'in inventory' or, even worse, sends out an unworkable (perhaps cheaper) substitute claiming the ordered item 'is discontinued.'

I've decided to pay a few more $$ and buy it over the counter nearby.

thanks
baumgrenze

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Order online - if you already know what you want - or if the forum has a sponsor (i'm not sure if this one does - other than Terry's on-line store), use them and help support the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks