ASV Rattling -- I'm perplexed

Users who are viewing this thread

cocylist

Reaction score
I installed my irrigation system about 3 years ago. Ever since installing it, I have one zone that causes the ASV to rattle pretty loud. All other 4 zones are totally quiet when running. I've replaced the valve, flushed the system, checked for leaks and I just can't seem to figure out what in this zone would cause the rattling. Irrigation is after our PRV which is set at 70psi. All spray bodies are Rainbird SAM PRS 30 (check valve/pressure regulated at 30psi) with Toro Precision spray nozzles. There are 6 heads in this zone.

My understanding is that this is usually a sign of a high flow situation, but I've walked where the lines are and I haven't notice any significantly soft/mushy areas so I struggle to think it's leak related.

Any suggestions on additional steps I can take to troubleshoot this? Thank you!

cocylist

Reaction score
Update: Yesterday I cranked down the arc screws on the spray heads to the point of turning off the flow completely. I let the zone run like that for 2 hours. Water meter wasn't moving at all and as no wet spots in the yard. So that should rule out a leak.

cocylist

Reaction score
The other front zone has 7 heads w/ Toro Precision Rotary nozzles..so that zone puts out less w/ a percip rate of .6"/hr. The zone that's rattling previously had all mp rotators on it which are much lower precip rate (.4?) than what I have on there now. Same rattling with the MP Rotator as with the higher output Toro Precision nozzles.

Back zones are rotors w/ 5 rotors on each zone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks