ASSE 1070 in place of 1016

Users who are viewing this thread

keithwwalker

Reaction score
From what I read, a ASSE 1070 mixing valve provides scald protection, but not thermal shock protection, and is approved for point of use bath installations.
ASSE 1016 provides both, and is required by code for bath/shower installations (one control shower).

Are there any 1016 devices that preserve the classical three control bath/shower layout (cold, hot, diverter)? I can not find any external 1016 devices. Only single handle devices that would spoil the 3 handle tile.

Alternatively, can a 1070 device be installed, and another device to provide thermal shock protection?

I would like to use a Honeywell Mixing Valve that conforms with ASSE 1017 & 1070.

From specifications, I see that 1016 provides a maximum of 3.5F temperature control, whereas 1070 provides 7.0F. I deduce that the limit is 3.5F for thermal shock.

Thanks
kw

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks