As part of my replumbing project

Users who are viewing this thread

svcalypso

Reaction score
I will need to replace the pressure tank - it is25+ years old and because of 2 basement floods has a lot of surface rust, especially around the base etc, I can just tell it's time to replace it. The well pump was replaced within the last 2 years and at that same time the 't' was replaced as was the pressure relief valve and the micro switch and a new pressure gauge added so I think I am all set to go there. The existing tank is raised on a set of bricks (so 3" ?) and stands maybe 3ft tall and perhaps 18" diameter, all labelling etc has long since gone. It's pale blue, but aren't they all ? It looks very similar to this one (below) but a different shade.

I am guessing its about 40 gallons based on dimensions.

Replacement looks easy - take out the old, replace any suspect fittings (see above for what has already been done) and then fit the new. My question is what brand of tank do the knowledgeable people here recommend ?
Thanks

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks to up-sizing one's tank, other than the cost of the tank?
My inclination would be to go for the largest tank that fits in the budget and space.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Absolutly not. The bigger the tank the better. It will give you a longer drawdown as well as longer pump on cycles which are better and more efficient for the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks