AS Cadet III - Gurgling

Users who are viewing this thread

FoxHome01

Reaction score
We had this installed in our second floor bathroom back in the fall. Almost immediately we noticed a thumping noise upon flushing but it would only happen when "stuff" was being flushed. Two plumbers have since advised that it's the design of the toilet and it's forced flushing and the way in which our pipes were set up when the house was built 17 years ago. Supposedly since it doesn't vent directly outside the house but rather exits across the bathroom floor and meets up with another pipe that's the reason for the thumping with the design of today's toilet. Odd, but I can buy that (if I have to), but they tried to convince me that this gurgling sound once the toilet flushed was also part of the same issue.

My parent's installed this toilet in their home about a month ago and it's smooth. I've seen this toilet in other locations...smooth upon flushing.

We started to notice the gurgling about a month ago. It's a guest bathroom so we hadn't used it often. Anyway, once we started to hear this gurgling we started to use it more and it's just gotten worse. In fact last week my husband heard a "burp" from the toilet and we hadn't even use it. The plumber pushed the inside contraption in the tank down so that the water level would be lower thinking that would help.

Since it's been worse and now we see bubbles in the toilet. Similar carbon-like bubbles that you would see in a soda bottle.

Not normal! Anyone have this experience? What do you recommend?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
3 things come to mind

1) partially plugged vent
2)absolutely no vent/improper vent
3)partially plugged toilet or drain line

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
What's involved in addressing each of these?
The easiest one to check out is #3. It involves removing the toilet and ,as Redwood pointed out, a drain machine or snake.

The other 2 would be difficult for you to address. You will need professional consultation to determine if they apply to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks