Arrowhead frost-free hose bib valve replacement - any alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have a 4 in Arrowhead 460 series frost-free wall hydrant. Unfortunately, I bought mine from Home Depot which only carries the one that has a vacuum breaker built into the valve assembly. At the time, I thought it was the plain version with a regular washer on the stem.

This is the replacement part:
PK6026

https://qualityplumbingsupply.com/a...ies-arrow-breaker-spring-less-check-assembly/

I had tried to install a regular replacement stem with washer in it after my father in law broke the original stem by turning it too hard. That washer held up for a year but is now failing.

Is there any way to get this faucet to work with regular parts instead of the specialized valve. I'd hate to not be able to quickly repair my faucets with local parts. I suppose I could order a few of those $6 valves and keep them ready just in case. I have three 460 series faucets installed on my outside walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks