Users who are viewing this thread

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Trying to make sure the site emails are going through for everyone, so I would like some help with making sure all email providers are supported. If your email provider is not on this list and you are unable to receive emails then feel free to send a PM or make a reply to this thread with the details. However, if you ARE able to get emails, please add your vote to the poll. Thanks!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hi Taylor
I have never used email on the forum. I didn't even know it was possible. Don't see a place in my profile to add an email?

I would be glad to hear from you and/or reply back if you want to test something out.
Cary

Last edited:

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Hi Taylor
I have never used email on the forum. I didn't even know it was possible. Don't see a place in my profile to add an email?

I have two emails you can try if it will help. (Redacted)

I would be glad to hear from you and/or reply back if you want to test something out.
Cary
Aaack! Careful, you should remove those before the crawlers find them. I just mean regular site communications like when someone sends you a private message and you get an email in your inbox. Or when you do a password reset request.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Lol! OK I did remove them. But I am sure the crawlers already have them looking at the number of junk emails I delete everyday. Still don't see how I would get an email in my inbox? I could send you or you could send me a PM if you want to check it that way?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I'll get "conversation" (gmail) emails but not from any reply from a post. After the upgrade you did tw0 years ago, emails worked for about 6 months. My account has everything enabled.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Taylor, thank you for this insert. I just saw this today for the first time.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 4.01.22 PM.jpg

Kelmomas

Reaction score
Taylor, just an FYI, I was never able to create an account using gmail. Literally no confirmation emails ever came through. So if you have anyone trying to set up with gmail, they may be having issues. I checked all folders regularly over a week. I resent the confirmation email several times from terrylove.com and it never made it. So I had to register using an alternative email (proton mail). If you have a lot of unconfirmed users with gmail, it might be worth it to take a look.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
This week (Sept 5th) I started to get Email's via Gmail from answered post.

bingow

Reaction score
Do you send members an email notification when there is a reply to (1) a thread the member started, or (2) another member's follow-on reply to a thread the member replied to (some forums do that) ? I do not recall receiving any emails recently. All my settings allow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks