Are deep bathtubs made anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Smhowell

Reaction score
I plan to remodel both bathrooms in the next year. One bathroom, probably built in the sixties, has a nice deep steel or cast iron bathtub (not sure) that I like, but I could buy a new bathtub for what it would cost to have it refinished. What I like about it is that it is very deep with fairly deep sides, even in back. Does anyone manufacture bathtubs like this anymore? or have they legislated bathtubs with fewer gallons like they did toilets?

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

Last edited:

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Nearly all (maybe even all) bathtub manufacturers make deep soaking tubs. You shouldnt have a problem finding one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

How much space do you have and what is your definition of "deep"? The older "deep" tubs were 16" high. Those that are 18" or more are usually rather large and for specific installations, usually in a deck, unless it is modified for use in an alcove.

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Have any of you purchased tubs from bathtubsfactorydirect.com that Tim posted? These seem really inexpensive! with shipping included.
Chris

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
this thread is confusing me.

First, the footprint of the tub is normal information, which the thread starter didn't give...

Second: knowing the length and width of the tub space, it is EASY as pie to then find several "soaker tub" options. Search on soaker and you will find.

Third: the web site referred to above is not a great deal, and does not offer great deals.

David

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

In the sixties there were few deep soaker tubs. At that time 14" high tubs were almost the standard, but 16" tubs were used in the better installations. That is probably what he is referring to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks