Are all 1/2 hp Convert. jet pumps the same ?

Users who are viewing this thread

walton man

Reaction score
contractor replaced my 1/2 hp Jazzuzi pump with a franklin 1/2 hp pump. he says all are the same, but now the new pump never shuts off unless I drop the pressure way low. This never happened with my old pump. He now says the injector is probably dirty and needs pulled and cleaned. extra cost... need some help.. are they really all the same ?? or did I get a raw deal. the new pump housing is about 1/2 size of the old Jazzuzi

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
No they are not all the same. Check the max pressure on the old pump compared to the new pump. Franklin bought Jacuzzi and started calling them Franklin. May not be much difference in quality, but the jet nozzle maybe different and won't build as much pressure.

walton man

Reaction score
No they are not all the same. Check the max pressure on the old pump compared to the new pump. Franklin bought Jacuzzi and started calling them Franklin. May not be much difference in quality, but the jet nozzle maybe different and won't build as much pressure.

Only way to know if the replacement pump and old injector are compatible is to pull the injector from the well, right ??

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Did you use the old injector? You should be able to tell from the model number if it is a new injector. You can also tell from the model of the pumps which nozzle is normally used. Different size pumps need different size nozzles for different pressures.

When the jet nozzle is clogged, 20 PSI is usually about all the pressure it can build. My guess is the nozzle for the old pump is not the right one for the new pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
What often happens is that after the piping is disturbed it will let loose a bunch of crud from the in-rushing blend of air and water. The crud then lodges in the jet's orifice so you loose the venturi action resulting in the pump only being an impeller pump which as was mentioned can only produce about 20 PSI.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
contractor replaced my 1/2 hp Jazzuzi pump with a franklin 1/2 hp pump. he says all are the same, but now the new pump never shuts off unless I drop the pressure way low. This never happened with my old pump. He now says the injector is probably dirty and needs pulled and cleaned. extra cost... need some help.. are they really all the same ?? or did I get a raw deal. the new pump housing is about 1/2 size of the old Jazzuzi

Here is a F&W US made pump, 3/4 hp for $275 on Amzonia. Wonder what your pump guy charged you for the Chinese made Franklin 1/2 hp with little output?
41h9TKyiEHL.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks