Aquia III and water supply distance to center

Users who are viewing this thread

aljoram

Reaction score
I want to put in a Aquia III but when I measuremy water supply is 5 3/4" left of center and 5 1/2" above the floor. Is that 5 3/4" measurement an issue. I can't move the supply without redoing the tiling. So if it doesn't fit I will have to go with a different toilet. Thanks for the help. Al

PS I can change the supply valve itself to one with a very small handle.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's not a problem with the Aquia bowl. There is plenty of room back there for the shutoff.

The III is pretty similar to the II pictured below.

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/40-toto-aquia-dual-flush-toilet.html

The lastest is the CST412MF

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On some, the distance specified is so you don't have to reach under the toilet to see and use the shutoff. On some, there's no way to access it at all. The Aquia falls into the first category.

aljoram

Reaction score
Don't feel I am getting a clear answer.

Does the Aquia III work when the supply valve is 5 3/4" left of center?
Thanks,

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look at the picture Terry posted. As long as the valve is not too high off the floor, it will work. As jadnashua pointed out, the recommended location is for convenience and looks.

aljoram

Reaction score
Sttill looking for a definite answwer specific to Aquia III supply line clearance

The Aquia III skirt, per Toto Line Deawings, goes almost to the back wall. Now looking at the line drawings of the Aquia, II and III they all would indicate a different situaiton in the back. The picture posted is of an Aquia which has significant more clearance then and the III. If you look at the line drawings you would say the Aquia III would not accept a 5 3/4" off center.

If you Terry's response it says the Aquia will fit, The picture of the II shows it would fit and the statement is. "pretty similar." Diagram's from Toto for the Aquia III shows signifcant extension to the wall compared to Aquia II. Pretty similar is not very definitve for the poiont in question. Sorry!

I am looking to buy an Aquia III and I am trying to confirm that 5 3/4" of.and 5 1/2" elevation would fit. Attached is the line drawing from Toto. Also, looking at the front profile drawing the demension conversion is incorrect. there is a metric conversion error.

The question is does the Aquia III accept a supply valve 5 3/4" from centerline.

Will the Aquia III accept a supply line 5 3/4" from centerline?

Attachments

• Aquia III side profile (Small).jpg
    Aquia III side profile (Small).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 579
  • Aquia III front Profile (Small).jpg
    Aquia III front Profile (Small).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 627

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We've installed a few of the Three bowls, and they bowl has more space then the pdf shows.

But frankly, since the Vespin II has the tall bowl, skirted bowl and CEFIONTECT and sells for $399.99 in Seattle, I haven't sold a Aqua III in a while.
The Vespin II is a Watersense bowl that gets the rebate, and has better features for less money. But then, it would require something like 6" for the supply unless you use the Dahl angle valve made for Toto, which we carry in the vans.
We're all over Seattle with them.

aljoram

Reaction score
Not sure Vespin II will fit with my supply line and Dahl valvel

The Vespin II looks like a great toilet. From your comment it sounds like you don’t need 6†of clearance if you use the Dahl valve. Would you say that since my inlet is 5 ¾ inch from center that it isn’t going to work? In looking at the picture posted of the Vespin II and Toto specs it sure looks like the skirt goes back to the wall and it would hit my incoming supply directly at 5 3/4†inches from center. The supply line would hit squarely on back edge of the toilet skirt. My valve is only 5 1/2 above the floor which means it would not be above the skirt area. I’m concerned there will be no clearance to attach the Dahl angle valve to the supply line. In fact the placement of the supply line copper line sticking out of the wall 1†would interfere with the toilet itself it without an angle valve. Are the dimensions to close to call?

dahl_stop_2.jpg

Attachments

• cst474_side.jpg
    cst474_side.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks