Aquastat Compatibility for Tekmar 356

Users who are viewing this thread

Tightwoods

Reaction score
I am installing radiant heat in my house (PEX tubing/circulating pumps/Tekmar 356 outdoor reset) and think I should upgrade my aquastat for better control and efficiency. Right now the boiler (L8148A aquastat) is only serving 1 zone, a Reznor unit heater in the basement. A Megastor indirect DHW tank is plumbed into the loop but I don't use that anymore for DHW. However, I plan to use it for BTU storage to feed the hydronic loop.

I am considering, but not limited to, a Honeywell L7224U1002, Becket AquaSmart 7610A, and HydroStat 3250-Plus. The Tekmar 356 (already purchased years ago) would probably work with the L7224U since I've been using one with a L8184A in my shop radiant system. I'm not too sure about the Beckett or HydroStat since they have their own outdoor reset options.

Lastly, I'm on the fence about replacing the existing LWCO. It's an old original GuardDog RB-24. More/better options today - GuardDog, SafGard, Taco, ???. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks