Aquasource Shower Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Notaplumber20

Reaction score
I believe I have a Aquasource Glyndon 873-3727h2. The issue I'm having is no cold water comes out, on this shower only. My other shower works perfectly fine. I purchased this house used, it's 10 years old. I've replaced the cartridge twice. I've tried blowing air through the shower head and tub spout. I've tried running the cold set screw in and out. I have scoured the internet and YouTube. I've been trying to get my guest shower ready for Thanksgiving, as we are hosting our family this year. Also this past February, our pipes froze through the house, and caused other faucets to get clogged. I had to remove the screens to fix the issue. I thought this one had the same issue, but it didn't. Any other suggestions?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The shower valve has integrated shut off valves? With the cartridge removed will you get cold water to enter the valve? Have you removed the cold set screw to see if something is lodged against it?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
First if your valve has service stops be sure they are in the open position. Second mark the location of the limit stop and remove it. Attach the handle and see if the water goes from hot to cold. If it does remove the cartridge and rotate 180 degrees and reassemble. If this didn't work check with Lowes for a replacement cartridge. Installation sheet with parts is shown at the link.

http://pdf.lowes.com/productdocuments/9ff16046-35fb-4fea-9307-65a24412d953/04243181.pdf

Notaplumber20

Reaction score
Here's what I'm working with. Lowes does not carry replacement parts. The cartridge, I ordered online DANCO 10321. The cartridge has pins that don't allow it to be flipped. I can't remove the screw, but I did run the in and out several times.

aquasource--03.jpg

aquasource--04.jpg
aquasource--02.jpg
aquasource--01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some shutoffs are ball valves, some are more conventional ones. If it's a ball valve, it may just continue to turn and the orientation of the slot is the indication of whether it's on or off. If it has a washer that screws down onto a seat, when they get old, the washer sometimes degrades which can block the operation of the water flow regardless of its position.

Notaplumber20

Reaction score
I took off the cut off completely, and there wasn't anything blocking it. I blew compressed air again and reassembled everything. Still no luck.

aquasource--06.jpg
aquasource--05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
With the cutoff installed but in the open position with a nearby faucet in the open position can you blow compressed air from the back open port of the shower? Or visa/versa?

Reach4

Reaction score
I would turn off the water to the house, and close the valve feeding the water heater to prevent hot flow.

With the cartridge out, have a helper turn on the house water full on for a few seconds and turn off.

At the same time, you will intercept the stream of water with a bucket, curtain, or whatever. Did you get the cold spewing out?

I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks