Aquasource One Piece Toilet 3” flush valve repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve42

Reaction score
Let me begin by saying I know this isn’t a quality product and I should really replace it. I plan to, but we just had a separate issue result in a flooded basement and I can’t deal with a two-front battle.

Our master bathroom toilet has been running and flushing. My wife asked to have the plumber who came out for the basement look at it and he theorized the flush valve was broken. I took it apart tonight and discovered it was actually just missing a part.

It uses two machine screws and two brass pieces to clamp the flush valve down to the opening in the bottom of the tank.

The second screw no longer has a brass piece.

Because it’s Aquasource, it’s not an available part anywhere I can find. I’m going to try and have a friend machine me an aluminum replacement piece if I can’t find a new valve. Menards has a similar valve for a 2-1/2” version but I can’t find the 3” option anywhere.

Any advice until I can finish up the other repairs and buy/install a new toilet?

Steve

36151ED4-12A1-423D-8A11-4E56C974DD6C.jpeg

0C71DEF6-4086-40AC-B5B7-522F73405BBC.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO used a similar flush valve, and this is their new one that replaces it.

thu460-terrylove-01.jpg

thu460-terrylove-02.jpg

They have gone to three tabs instead of the two they used to have.

toto-flush-valve-ultramax.jpg

And the old one with two tabs and a flapper.

I looked for Aquasource parts and there really isn't anything to look at. WDI had a flush valve for a two-piece with tank, not what you need, same with Korky.

thu249p-1-terrylove-01.jpg

thu249p-1-terrylove-02.jpg

thu249p-1-terrylove-03.jpg

Last edited:

Steve42

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. My friend was able to fabricate a replacement piece out of aluminum in his workshop.

I’ll still be replacing the toilet, but hopefully this repair will last a couple of months while we recover from the basement damage

Attachments

• C129F868-2C35-4061-9EB0-544A988190EA.jpeg
    C129F868-2C35-4061-9EB0-544A988190EA.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 204
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks