Aquasource, No water to shower

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mickeyrory, Sep 6, 2015.

1. mickeyrory

mickeyrory New Member

I just installed a new AquaSource tub and shower faucet for use with a shower only. The bottom outlet has been plugged. I am not getting any water to the shower outlet. Can't see anything in the instructions that would help with the problem. There is water in the valve because I removed the threaded copper pipe from the valve to the shower for a visual. Any suggestions?

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Did you try this with only one supply turned on? I.e, internal to the valve, there is usually a device called a spool valve that will shut the water down when only one supply has pressure. This is a safety feature that is designed to prevent you from ending up with all hot, should the cold water pressure drop (like someone flushing a toilet - more common on an older house, but can happen anywhere). It should self-reset once you've turned both supplies on, but sometimes, it can get jammed to one end. That usually doesn't happen on a new valve, but who knows, it is possible.

Knowing the brand and model can help, as the are NOT all the same.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mickeyrory

mickeyrory New Member

I only tried it with hot water connected; I was anxious to check for leaks in the new soldering and turned it on to check. Thanks so much; I’m sure that will turn out to be the problem but I won’t get back to it for a few days. Too bad they wouldn’t have a warning in the instructions. Again, I appreciate your help.