Aquasource, No water to shower

Users who are viewing this thread

mickeyrory

Reaction score
I just installed a new AquaSource tub and shower faucet for use with a shower only. The bottom outlet has been plugged. I am not getting any water to the shower outlet. Can't see anything in the instructions that would help with the problem. There is water in the valve because I removed the threaded copper pipe from the valve to the shower for a visual. Any suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did you try this with only one supply turned on? I.e, internal to the valve, there is usually a device called a spool valve that will shut the water down when only one supply has pressure. This is a safety feature that is designed to prevent you from ending up with all hot, should the cold water pressure drop (like someone flushing a toilet - more common on an older house, but can happen anywhere). It should self-reset once you've turned both supplies on, but sometimes, it can get jammed to one end. That usually doesn't happen on a new valve, but who knows, it is possible.

Knowing the brand and model can help, as the are NOT all the same.

aquasource-garner-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mickeyrory

Reaction score
I only tried it with hot water connected; I was anxious to check for leaks in the new soldering and turned it on to check. Thanks so much; I’m sure that will turn out to be the problem but I won’t get back to it for a few days. Too bad they wouldn’t have a warning in the instructions. Again, I appreciate your help.

Did you try this with only one supply turned on? I.e, internal to the valve, there is usually a device called a spool valve that will shut the water down when only one supply has pressure. This is a safety feature that is designed to prevent you from ending up with all hot, should the cold water pressure drop (like someone flushing a toilet - more common on an older house, but can happen anywhere). It should self-reset once you've turned both supplies on, but sometimes, it can get jammed to one end. That usually doesn't happen on a new valve, but who knows, it is possible.

Knowing the brand and model can help, as the are NOT all the same.[/Q

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks