Aqualine Shower Knob Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

paul_d

Reaction score
Single handle Aqualine Shower Handle. The one we have (which is broken) is plastic with a metal collar w/set screw. Looks like the shaft it fits on is 3/16 w/flat spot for set screw. Plastic under collar is broken.

Where do I find, manufacturer or replacement handle.

Many Thanks
Paul_d

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Aqualine, and Sears, were brand names for the Valley product line. All are now defunt, and parts are getting a little harder to find, but go to any good plumbing store ( probably NOT the local box store ) and look for Valley handles.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A Delta single handle shower lever will work as a last resort, but the set screw will either be on the opposite side from the flat or the handle will be upside down.

paul_d

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will check out the Valley Products, and the Delta single handle
Many Thanks
Paul_D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If your old handle was a round knob, a lever handle will seem to work backwards unless you understand that the "top" of the handle will point to the "temperature" range, not the lever itself. i.e., with a Delta handle you swing it to the counterclockwise for cold water, but a round handle rotates clockwise for cold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks