Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Valve Install

Users who are viewing this thread

cjt

Reaction score
I purchased an Aquabrass shower system that includes the thermostatic valve/volume control. However, the instructions are quite brief...so I am seeking expert opinions.

The valve connections for the supply lines and the outlets for the shower head and handheld shower are 1/2" female npt. I am wondering the best way to make these connections. Is it best to makeup the male 1/2" connection with teflon into the valve then solder the copper supply/outlets to these??

BTW, here is the link to the install document: http://aquabrass.com/data/3/files/installation/PRO180849B0INST_E.pdf

TIA

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

NO. Solder the tubing stubs to the adapters and then screw the adapters into the faucet. More important than that, however, is knowing where, or if, repair parts will be available for that faucet in a couple of years or so.

cjt

Reaction score
Good plan...I assume one benefit will be avoiding heating up the valve that could damage.

Aquabrass is a fairly well known brand up here in Canada. I think it is a little higher end than the likes of the stuff at Home Depot. I am hoping parts availability will not be an issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks