April is National Testicular Cancer Awareness Month

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What most people don't know is that testicular cancer is the #1 cancer for males in the 15-40 year old range with 33-years old as the most common age of discovery, although it can occur in an infant or an old fart. While not super common, the CDC estimates that there are over 250,000 men living with the disease, and a new one is discovered every hour of every day in the USA with about 9500 new cases in the USA expected this year. If caught early, it is over 99% curable. Because there is a stigma associated with it and 'real men' (yeah, right) don't talk about it, about 5% of the people that get it waited too long, and it kills them. Don't be one of those statistics!

In the same vein as women doing a monthly check, men should be checking themselves. There are lots of articles on how to do this, but it's easiest if you do it after a nice hot shower when things are nice and warm and loose. It only takes a couple of minutes, and could save your life. Surely, you can spare that once a month.

About 2% of the people that get it in one testicle, get it in the other one...I'm one of those 'lucky' people. If you have a question, while I'm not a doctor, and you should see one, if you have a question, send me a PM. It's now been 30-years since my first discovery, and yes, I did discover it myself (twice). Recent research seems to indicate there are some genes that make it more common, but testing for that isn't reliable yet. It is much more common if there's history in the family, especially a brother, but if yours had it, you probably are already aware of that.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, it's that month again...just a reminder. Over their lifetime, about one in 500 men/boys will typically get testicular cancer. Happens more often younger than 40, but can happen any time. Both of mine happened older than the norm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks