Appreciate advice on replacing bacteria filled aerator

Users who are viewing this thread

holysmoke

Reaction score
I have an aerator then a softener then a carbon filter. I am sick of the slime in the tank, sick of the frogs in the tank, sick of the electricity it takes to fill up.

I want to replace it with a sulphur filter. I have had 4 companies out to my home and they want to rebed softener, remove aerator and carbon filter and put a a new sulphur filter then softener.

the lowest quote I have received for something called an eliminator 360P similar to this http://www.discountwatersofteners.com/the-eliminator-5600-sxt-1-5-cubic-foot.html is $1700 tax and all for the tank and digital valve, a new pressure switch, rebedding softener and sanitizing pipes in home.

If you know of a better solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
my setup is pretty much what you are looking into. aerators are common around here, and they suck.. as u have learned. i haven't pushed them for years. personally i wouldn't use bleach, or any other chemicals to keep up with. i'd use one of the filters that injects air. water-right makes one and i've seen the 5 button clack valve used for it too. maybe others i don't know, i'm more of a well driller but i dabble. i've used a few of both the water-rights and the clacks for sulfur or iron with good results. nothing to keep up with and no maintenance. hook it up, set it and forget it. good luck whatever you decide.

if interested heres a water-right brochure on their flavor and kinda how it works. http://www.water-right.com/library/documents/IMS_IMB_SS.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks