Apollo Pressure Reducing Valve repair kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan

Reaction score
I have an Apolo 36ELF12601S 1-1/4" pressure relief valve that is leaking about 4 gallons per day at the adjustment bolt. I contacted Apollo and they said the repair kit part number is W261805. Non of the supply houses I have called have this, does anyone know where to find one?

Also, what tool would you recommend to remove the end cap. It's phenolic and about 3" across flats.

Alan

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Use a 1-3/4" hex wrench or opened end but they get pricey at that size. A good 15" or larger adjustable wrench will do. You need to check the max opening of the jaw since some 15" only opened to 1 11/16". These also have a filter screen inside of them so it also be prudent to replace it. The part number depends on the size of your unit. When opening the unit, besure to put a hand on the unit so as not to put too much torque on pipe connections.

https://api.ferguson.com/dar-step-s...313.663447533.1617288388-988597922.1617288388

https://www.ferguson.com/category/v...repair-kits/apollo-conbraco/_/N-zbq55cZzbq6ll

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pretty expensive to rebuild . if you really shop online might be able to find a new one as cheap . Sounds like the diaphragm as there shouldn't be water on that side of it . tell us how you wind up fixing repair or replace good luck

Alan

Reaction score
Well, I finally fixed it this morning!

After going back and forth with Apollo valves and where to get the replacement part they took pity on me and shipped me one but as it was on backorder I didn't receive it until last Friday. I used a "Superior Tool 03840 Adjustable Combination Wrench" for $14 to undo the cap. The tool started to give before the cap would unscrew. The tool has a bolt and a win nut to keep the jaws from moving, I replaced theirs with a bolt and nut so I could apply more force and was then able to remove the cap.

It was apparent for a 2 year old valve that it had been leaking since installation as the pressure spring and cap were severely rusted. The replacement kit didn't include new ones so I cleaned the originals as best I could with a wire brush. Levered the old cylinder out, applied so va-sp-10 to the O-ring on the new cylinder, cleaned the threads and seating area on the valve body, inserted the new cylinder and screwed the old cap and spring on. Then turned the water back on, adjusted the pressure screw to get 50 psi and finally had a leak free valve!

Thanks for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks