Apartment toilet HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry parks

Reaction score
Last week my apartment toilet stopped flushing completely. It would flush a little and whatever was in there would slowly flush hours later. The water level was low. Whenever my upstairs neighbor would flush, my toilet would

Reach4

Reaction score
Last week my apartment toilet stopped flushing completely. It would flush a little and whatever was in there would slowly flush hours later. The water level was low. Whenever my upstairs neighbor would flush, my toilet would
Try pouring water from a 5 gallon bucket or other container from as high as you dare as fast as you dare. Of course cut the pouring if the water rises to the rim. The point is to try to unplug the toilet.

Have you tried using a plunger?

When you do flush, what happens? I presume everybody knows how to lift the lid from the toilet and close the flapper to prevent an overflow.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
When your neighbor flushes, do you "flush", or does it back up a bit into your toilet?

This issue is gonna be: is it a clog in your toilet? Or is it a clog in your pipe? Or is it a clog in the main line that your upstairs neighbor is also flushing into?

Have you tried plunging your toilet? I like this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-Beehive-Max-Toilet-Plunger-99-8A/203765220

The proper method of plunging is to place the plunger head over the hole, getting some water in it, and then vigorously pumping up and down and up and down: really vigorously drill the thing. That's the most effective way to clear a clog in your bowl.

99-4A_in_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks