Apartment long radiator high pitched noise. Maint doesn't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

ElCait

Reaction score
Posting on behalf of my SO!

He's in an apartment with a long radiator setup, and is supposedly part of a larger building wide setup.

image.png

It makes a high pitched noise / whining that is pretty... ear piercing esp as its getting colder and is on more.

Maint has been contacted for 3-4 weeks now, and they finally came out and just said "we dont know why its doing that".

Is there anything that could be done that you guys know about?
:(

Or is there even some kind of apartment law that says they have to fix it somehow? (Canada, Ontario)

I dont want him to suffer anymore, lol.

Thanks!
:)

Fitter30

Reaction score
Hot water fin tube? That knob sticking out of the front cover is a thermostat that varies water flow (old as the building, probably doesn't work). More than likely its coming from it. Could try turning the knob don't force it. The fin tube is just a straight pipe with fins on it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks