AO Smith Side Recirculatiion Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

bc3510

Reaction score
AO Smith offers part number 9001262005 as a kit to adapt the GPVX75L to use the side taps as a heating recirculation loop. The problem is that they cost nearly $200. each!! Does anyone know what they actually do and why they are required? Is it not possible to simply thread into the female NPT fittings that are on each of the side taps?

I cannot find a picture of this part anywhere.

Thanks.

bc3510

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you are talking about or not. Here is a link to a heat exchanger loop:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/75518184/Residential-Heating-(PDF)

That's an interesting product, and I'm going to do exactly the same thing with a giant 50 plate HX. See below.

Yes, that reference is exactly the product I am seeking. I cannot find a photo of it anywhere and I cannot understand why AO Smith charges $200. for it. I has to be more than simple attachment piping????

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks