AO Smith GPSH 50 200 No power

Users who are viewing this thread

ilaudio

Reaction score
I have a AO Smith GPSH 50 200 water heater that's 10 years old that I strictly use over the winter for hydronic heat in basement floor (1850 sq ft). 2 years ago the White Rodgers Intellivent Gas Control went out so I replaced it. This year when I turned out the floor it worked fine. I shut it off since it was still too warm to use. I went to turn it back on and the gas control was reading lockout. Shut off and turned back on and worked fine. Then it stopped working all together. No lights no matter what I do. I though maybe it was the blower assembly. I replaced that and it made no difference. Any ideas or is it time to put out to pasture?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without inspecting your heater - I would look at the replacement gas valve first.

At the same time, you already got 10 years out of this water heater.

You arrived at a fork in the road. Should you fix or replace the WH?
Yogi Berra said:"You come to a fork in the road, what should you do? Take it (the fork)".
I understand it as: "Replace it (the WH)".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks