AO Smith Double Burner Tank

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by BrentAudi, Apr 22, 2018.

1. BrentAudi

BrentAudi New Member

Retired
    I stumbled on this video tonight. Made me very curious. Did a Google search but could not find any information about it. Was wondering about the size of this tank and BTU input of the burners.
    Anyone run into these?

womentake likes this.
  2. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

Must be an old furnace, if there is no literature on it. The title says AO Smith, but is it really?
    I'd call AO Smith customer's service, and wouldn't be surprised if they don't know.

The flame is a bit out of control.

Lets see what Mark says.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. BrentAudi

BrentAudi New Member

Retired
    I was able to find within a Google search the replacement burner set up. It stated that it was for AO Smith.
    I just think the two burners is such a cool setup.

5. BrentAudi

BrentAudi New Member

Retired
    Not able to find out any information. Posted it here hoping for the possibility that the plumber that uploaded it to Youtube might be a member here. Must be a large tank. Seems as though with two burners, the BTU would be close to 100,000 btu?

I think it is a unique design.