Anything with O rings. Making an articulating faucet arm.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by geniescience, Dec 27, 2009.

  1. geniescience

    geniescience Homeowner

    Nov 27, 2005
    humid summers hot, humid winters cold
    I'm looking into making an articulating faucet arm. Like a pot filler, like a Kohler Karbon, like a Grohe Freehander.

    Does anyone know a source for the joints? Anything with O rings.

    Thank you!
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    An articulating joint has to be carefully designed and machined. Not only must o-ring joints be machined to close tolerances, but the mechanical stresses on such a joint are extreme and must be planned for;
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. AAnderson

    AAnderson In the Trades

    Oct 25, 2009
    Aptos, CA
    Why make one, if they are already available? Fisher is one source... The problem is going to be servicing this so unless you have a machine shop, I'd say stick to what is already on the market
  5. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    there are all kinds of articulated arms available already, so why would you want to reinvent the wheel? Not only that, but there are innumerable faucet with swing joint spouts which would NOT look like a handyman special when installed
Similar Threads: Anything rings
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Relocating Propane tank for pool spa - anything I should be aware of? Jul 27, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help! I cannot get anything to seal bathtub and wall! Mar 18, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Anyone see anything obviously wrong....and vent size question! Feb 11, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice replacing a bowl on a drake - anything else? Sep 30, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Anything wrong with this flange? Jun 9, 2013

Share This Page