Anything compatible with AquaSource?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheFloyds

Reaction score
We're updating a guest bathroom, and the current shower/tub faucet is AquaSource. Not knowing anything about plumbing, I purchased a Delta faucet, but our plumber told us it wasn't compatible unless we want to cut a hole in the wall to replace the rough-in kit. (We don't want to do that.) The problem is that AquaSource no longer makes/sells shower/bath faucets, nor do they have any products in brushed gold, which is what we're looking for. So my question is, does anyone know if AquaSource's valves are compatible with any other brand? I know AquaSource is a Lowe's-specific brand, so I wasn't sure if there were other Lowe's brands that would work. I'd really love to avoid spending the time and money cutting a hole through my dining room wall to get to the back of the shower to replace the valve, so if anyone has any advice, let me know. Our plumber wasn't sure as he hadn't worked much with AquaSource before. Thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Theres a chance that could work, but its a long shot. For the best shot at finding a swaportunity, you should post a photo of what the rough in valve of the Aquasource looks like and how the trim attatches to it. Someone may recognize the rough in valve. There are a few brands that use the same rough in valve, but not many.

TheFloyds

Reaction score
There's a chance that could work, but its a long shot. For the best shot at finding a swaportunity, you should post a photo of what the rough in valve of the Aquasource looks like and how the trim attaches to it. Someone may recognize the rough in valve. There are a few brands that use the same rough in valve, but not many.

Here are some photos.

IMG_9582.jpg
IMG_9583.jpg
IMG_9584.jpg

TheFloyds

Reaction score
UPDATE (and great news!): the Lowe's exclusive brand, Allen + Roth, works on this valve. I was able to find a new shower/bath faucet that was almost a perfect match to our Delta one (and $100 cheaper) that fits onto this valve without having to cut a hole in the wall. Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks