Anyone recognize this Delta faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Photobug

Reaction score
I installed this faucet maybe a decade or more ago. It now drips or even flows steadily unless the handle is seated perfectly. We are considering upgrading to a touchless or touch sink from either Delta Moen, or Kohler, but would like to also think about replacing the cartridge to see if the leak could be stopped.

Unfortunately, I can't identify the fixture and don't want to remove the whole thing to see if I can identify it when removed. I live in a fairly remote area where even fast shipping sometimes takes a week. If I someone can identify this faucet I can order a replacement cartridge to have on hand.

20211030_111309.jpg
20211030_111305.jpg

Themp

Reaction score

Photobug

Reaction score
Delta is the brand. Cartridge is RP50587 usually. Best to remove handle to confirm.

View attachment 78267

Thanks,
I was unaware of the cartridge location and thought I was going to have to remove the whole faucet to get to it. I have some anti corrosion in there hoping to be able to get the handle removed before the screw is stripped.

Photobug

Reaction score
A weakness that Delta has not addressed in years. Their old style with springs and washers lasted forever.

I have been looking at newer faucets and they all claim the "new ceramic" last 2x longer than the older valves.

Photobug

Reaction score
Delta is the brand. Cartridge is RP50587 usually. Best to remove handle to confirm.

View attachment 78267

I removed the handle and you look like you nailed it. I am heading to the big city on Thursday and will pick up a replacement unless Delta contacts me before then to let me know one is on the way. The question is what tool do I need to open this up to replace the cartridge?
20211102_173014.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks