Anyone familiar with American Standard shower components?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex_T

Reaction score
So I have been banging my head against the wall in regards to our current bathroom reno. We are building a tub/shower which we would like to include a rainfall, hand-shower, and tub spout. We would also like to go thermostatic for valving. I posted a little while back looking for advice on Moen, Delta, etc, however I have been finding it difficult to get all the functions I want from Moen or Delta.

I have come across components from American Standard which appear to offer what we are looking for. I was looking for advice on wether or not these parts will be of quality? I am worried about serviceability in the future, and parts availability in the future (cartridges etc.)

Here is what ive come up with:

-R532s Dual-function thermostatic valve with 3 function diverter (2 shared/3 discreet)
http://www.americanstandardpro.com/assets/documents/amstd/spec/SpecSheet_6762.pdf
-T184740 Times square 2-Handle trim kit
-1662800 Studio slide bar system kit
-1660689 8" Square shower head

This leaves me having to pick a tub spout, which is no big deal. I am more concerned about the quality of of the valve. I have been looking a lot of kits from Riobel, Aquabrass, etc., however im worried about reliability etc.

Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Skatergreg

Reaction score
I am no expert but we went with aquabrass. No issues after 8 years with this set up. We love it.
image.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks