Any suggestions for under sink RO filter system without piercing valves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Talisman

Reaction score
So I want to buy an under sink reverse osmosis filter with a tank. A lot of the filter setups I'm finding require you to use some sort of piercing needle valve into the existing pipe which is NOT something I want to do. An example of what I don't want to do:

I'm experienced with some plumbing, can solder without any issues also. I have no problems installing new water stops.

Isn't there any manufacturer that allows for maybe a 3/8" flex line to be run coming off the main valve?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
double handle, double outlet stop.
options:
1. Find a John Guest Poly white faucet connector which adapts 1/4" compression threads to push fit either 3/8 or 1/4 https://www.johnguest.com/us/en/od-...readed-connectors/faucet-connector-uns-thread
or
2. For direct off the angle stop you purchase a Delrin (white poly) ferrule, a brass reinforcer insert in whatever size you require, either 1/4" or 3/8" o.d. (every basic hardware store would have these)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dont buy an RO based on the incoming connection itll be a standard size probebly a 1/4 inch adapter you can unscrew and change to whatever you need to run from whatever size you installed. 3/8" to 1/4 " adapter maybe? its real easy stuff with 3experiance you have . just buy the unit and figure out what connections you need

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks