Any Max and Min distance requirement between branches?

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
resize_IMG_0158.JPG
In a 2-pipe reverse return system, is there any max and min distance requirement between the supply pipes for different branches? how about return pipes?

I need to add two more zones onto the existing one zone system. I am thinking extend the main supply pipe and then turn 90 degree to add two more branch supply pipes. I am wondering how far or how close to the existing supply pipe I can add the first new supply pipe.

The return will do the same

The picture was taken 3yrs ago when the system was installing. I added black lines and red lines to show what I am talking about.

Any suggestion about the adding zones in my case?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I see the red lines for a water heater connection, but NO black or red lines for the new lines. I only see two lines rising from the boiler, and your picture seems to show them connected together, and then continuing on to the pump and another line teed in ahead of the air scoop.

lmei007

Reaction score
I see the red lines for a water heater connection, but NO black or red lines for the new lines. I only see two lines rising from the boiler, and your picture seems to show them connected together, and then continuing on to the pump and another line teed in ahead of the air scoop.

I am sorry. I uploaded a wrong picture. Now it is updated.

lmei007

Reaction score
no max/min distance, but it is not going to work, unless you install another pump.

Yes. You are right the new supplies and returns will have the same as the existing one, pumps and check valves will be added as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks