Any leads on how to find this backer plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

bluebathroom

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to replace my tub and shower fixtures and prefer to just replace what I've got rather than do some additional plumbing work. My plumber seems to have found everything I need except this backer plate. It is approximately 5" x 11" and has a recessed area where the shower handle goes. I may have a lead online but wanted to pose the question here, too. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, the blue gunk is toothpaste. I'm trying to use any remedy possible to clean off the hard water stains. If I can't replace it, any thoughts on how to really clean it would also be helpful.

Attachments

• Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 293

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My parents home had those installed in the 60's
American Standard.
They worked well for years.

I wound up replacing with a new Moen Posi-Temp.
I changed out three tub or shower valves to pressure balanced.
Much better when someone was at the kitchen sink while a body was in the shower.

bluebathroom

Reaction score
Thanks all. I *think* I may have just found my plate thingy online!!!

We are trying to avoid doing any major plumbing work because of cost. We also live in a neighborhood where homes like ours get torn down, so it's hard to put a lot of money into repairs. Of course, it is quite possible the plumbers will come with their retro parts and tell me I have no choice but to do major work, so we will deal with it if it happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks