Any issues with exposed PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stuff

Reaction score
A friend has an unfinished basement and had piping installed for the hot and cold laundry feeds. The PEX is secured to the cement block walls but has no other protection. 1st - Can I assume it is not light sensitive as I know some plastics deteriorate in sunlight? 2nd - Any rules in plumbing codes about exposed to physical damage? 3rd - Are there any issues painting the blue and red tubes and connectors? Is standard latex paint ok?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If natural light can get to pex, it must be covered. Many of them say it must be covered within 30-days of initial exposure.

Stuff

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. There is a small glass block window so minimal natural light. Any issues with painting the PEX?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks