Any idea how to disconnect the sprayer hose from a Kohler Forte kitchen faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

PC7060

Handling one headache at a time
Reaction score
Our relatively new (14 months)Kohler Forte kitchen faucet sprayer hose started leaking and we worked with Kohler to obtain a replacement. Unfortunately I cannot seem to remove the old hose from the brass coupler under the sink and the instruction that came with the hose are for the coupler type shown on the left of the picture below and mine is the unit on the right.

Kohler Forte Spray hose disconnect.jpg

The instructions online are for faucets built before 2009 so no help there.

Any clues on how to remove? I've pressed / pulled on the white plastic ring but no luck. Plastic looks easy to break so I don't want to brute force it.

This link lists the type of houses to be used for the Forte based on the build date of the unit.

http://helptopics.us.kohler.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5712&task=knowledge&questionId=806

Thanks in advance.

PC

Last edited:

PC7060

Handling one headache at a time
Reaction score
Answer - how to disconnect the sprayer hose from a Kohler Forte kitchen faucet

PC7060 said:
Any clues on how to remove? I've pressed / pulled on the white plastic ring but no luck. Plastic looks easy to break so I don't want to brute force it.

Turns out that a combination of a vice grip and brute force is required to disconnect the hose.

The white plastic section needs to be pressed up (hard!) toward the female brass receiver while pulling strongly on the brass male section of the hose. Given the size of the white locking piece, I couldn't get enough pressure with my hand alone and ended up using a pair of vice grips adjusted to slip around the outside of the host coupling while being small enough to press around the majority of the white 3/4" round plastic ring (see pic of hose and vice-grip below, faucet not shown).

Adjusted wrench.jpg

Once you get the pliers adjusted, push on the vice grips and pull like hell on the hose. Then, if you are lucky, the hose pops out and dumps a cup of water in your face.

The old hose couple had corroded just enough to bond to the mating section which is where the brute force component of the job comes in.

20131217_211347.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks