Any idea how many anode rods my new Reliance WH has?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Steffen

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the group. Trying to determine the number of sacrificial anode rods in my new 40 gal tall natural gas Reliance brand hot water heater. Model # 1240 UNACT 400. The manual states one and possibly two (the second being near or part of the hot water inlet), but does not specify which models have only one and which have the second. Hoping to find out before I tear into it.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Chris Steffen

Reaction score
That's what I am worried about. I can see one green hex bolt near to the exhaust vent (see photo). But I am not sure where the other is.

Attachments

• IMG_8797.JPG
    IMG_8797.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 307

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have a second anode, it would be a "combo anode rod". Search for that term.

Chris Steffen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I broke down and called Reliance directly. According to them, there is only one Anode and does not have the combo anode on the hot water supply. Wheew.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks