Any experience with the Noritz EZ111DVNG (GQ-C3259WX-FF US NG)?

Users who are viewing this thread

LukePDX

Reaction score
About to embark on complete remodel of 2 bathrooms stacked on top of each other. Winter cold inlet temperatures in Portland are reported as 38 degree minimum, so I'm looking at 80-ish degree dT in the worst case. I need to run either two 2.5GPM concurrent showers or fill a 60-90 gallon tub (looking at a 6GPM filler at the moment, but this could get larger). As part of the job 100% of the house plumbing is being replaced to remediate lead/turbidity/pressure problems in 1950s galvanized pipes... the main seems to have been updated at some point and is plastic. I think the main pressure is about 65 PSI.

Our plumbing quote first came with a Navien 250A model, but the internet seems to have terrible things to say about the company if things go south. The second recommendation was a Noritz NRCP1112, and there's a lot less anger out there about Noritz (in particular, they seem to actually provide reasonable responses to BBB complaints, as opposed to, e.g., Navien or Rheem) so I'm on board.

The NRCP claims 4.7GPM at 80 dT, which given a bit of cold mixing seems like enough to support the two showers (and fill the tub slowly in the winter). My main concern is the somewhat wonky pressure-drop curve provided at http://support.noritz.com/download.php?file=Literature Page/Spec Sheet/NRCP SPEC.pdf&field=SpecSheet. It seem to imply that there's a 30PSI pressure drop if I get 8ish GPM (like if I try and fill the tub and someone is taking a shower in the summer). This seems excessive, although I don't really know how these things work---the tub filler rate seems to be specced at 44PSI, so if I'm starting with 65 at the main service, losing some PSI to the bathroom area, and then losing 30PSi across the heater and its being split two ways that seems like a problem.

So I'm looking at the (seemingly) newer model EZ111DVNG, which comes without the built-in recirc pump and is 4.9GPM at 80 dT with a much more reasonable looking pressure drop. Has anyone heard anything about these? Are they even available? I'd love to consider the NCC199CDV as well given its amazing efficiency, but I can't see if these are available at all, and even if they are their commercial focus is likely to push it up out of my price range.

Do people think recirc is important when the heater is within 20-30 feet of all of the fixtures it will supply?

edit: spelling hard

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks