Any Arizona contractors here? I need a little help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Sam Hillman

Reaction score
I'm in the home stretch of finishing a tub to shower conversion and all has gone really well thanks to this wonderful site and the John Bridge site however I have been having a very difficult time getting Schluter All-Set delivered. I have been ording online and literally only half of the product I've ordered has made it. The retailer somehow cannot manage to ship in a decent container. The last 2 bags they literally shipped without any box or anything. They just slapped a sticker on the bag and shipped it which of course became "damaged in shipping" resulting in an "undeliverable message" from the carrier. Little tip, maybe avoid Retail Rhino for online orders.

Long story short I have found a local seller in AZ who stocks Ardex X77 but I need a contractors license to purchase product from them. Is there anyone here who would be willing to meet and pick me up a couple bags? I'd be happy to pay you for your trouble.

Thanks,
Sam

Reach4

Reaction score
Been living here in AZ for 17 years so I have a pretty good idea of its size. Illinois, not so much. Thanks for the helpful comment tho.
I fear the subtlety was lost on you. Here is the deal: Sedona, Tuscon, Gilbert are all within AZ. You may not be willing to pay $1 per mile for somebody from Kingman to come help you. Thus being more explicit with the location of the Ardex distributor would increase the possibility that somebody could accommodate you.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are easier and more productive ways to find what you want.

1. I doubt that you can find a contractor to do what you want on this site.
You can ask at some local Flooring supplies, talk to contractors there and maybe you'll find one willing to do that. Or call local contractors and ask them.
2. Do you have to have Ardex x77 and nothing else?
3. Contact other sellers on line, or call Ardex for your nearest dealer.
4. Be creative. Answers don't fall down from the sky.
5. HJ is I think the only contractor from AZ...ask him.

Sam Hillman

Reaction score
I fear the subtlety was lost on you. Here is the deal: Sedona, Tuscon, Gilbert are all within AZ. You may not be willing to pay $1 per mile for somebody from Kingman to come help you. Thus being more explicit with the location of the Ardex distributor would increase the possibility that somebody could accommodate you.

Yep, sure was lost on me. That's what I get for trying to respond from my phone in the middle of 5 other things. I'm in Peoria (think Phoenix) but was hoping someone might just have knowledge of a retailer rather than contractor wholesaler that carries the product. :)

Sam Hillman

Reaction score
There are easier and more productive ways to find what you want.

1. I doubt that you can find a contractor to do what you want on this site.
You can ask at some local Flooring supplies, talk to contractors there and maybe you'll find one willing to do that. Or call local contractors and ask them.
2. Do you have to have Ardex x77 and nothing else?
3. Contact other sellers on line, or call Ardex for your nearest dealer.
4. Be creative. Answers don't fall down from the sky.
5. HJ is I think the only contractor from AZ...ask him.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I apologize if I'm asking for something that's considered not cool within the contractor community. I honestly didn't think it would be a big deal but I'm sure I'm just being ignorant in some way. I'm just a DIY guy trying to help his Mom get a new shower. I play music for a living so I really don't know the protocol here. My Grampa and my Uncle used to be contractors 20 years ago. I'm sure they would have let some poor sap like me throw a couple bags of thin set in their cart for a few extra bucks tho.
2. I don't have to have Ardex X77. I'm just going by what Schluter and or the "Pro's" recommend. After much reading I came to the conclusion it was Schluter All-Set or Ardex X77 that I needed for LFT (18"x36" tiles) on Kerdi board. I'm open to others for sure. Floor and Decor stocks Mapei but I read some folks saying not to use anything but Schluter or Ardex for Kerdi unless you use an unmodified thinset. But then I read you want a modified thin set for LFT on a vertical surface.
3. Yeah, I checked Ardex website but they do not have any distributors in AZ listed. The bigger issue is I need it tomorrow or Tuesday if I'm going to finish this week. I thought I had everything ordered well in advance but these shipping delays have really thrown off my timeline. I work in a church and as you can imagine this is the busy season so I'm on a tight schedule.
4. That's what I thought I was doing by asking for help in this forum. ;o)
5. Thx for the tip. I might try that if I can't get someone at the wholesaler to take pity on me.

Thanks again for the replies guys. They really are appreciated!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks