Any Advice welcome, leak on DWV fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Walther

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated. So I had my main 3-4 " Copper drain replaced a few years ago up to this point with PVC.

At that time know one seemed to want to touch this main elbow and when the cap leaked last year I did a little Red Green number on it.

Cap is holding up but looks like the break is within the concrete. It's below zero here in far western Chicago Area.

To make matters worse I have a giant 3 season porch right on top of it.

Is this something you can even attempt in Winter?

Plumbing Nightmare.JPG

What's a fair cost?
If the pipe between this point and my Septic tank is broke, can you line it?

Last edited by a moderator:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I took the gun out of my mouth just long enough to say that this is the most confusing post I've ever read on this site.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What you have is a very uncommon fitting now. You can get them in plastic though. A side inlet santee. It should have been a wye or combo fitting, but oh well. To work on replacing that, I'm guessing you need access to the other side. It's not going to be easy. If it's a 4" pipe you could sleeve with 3". Assuming you have 3" only to that point.

Maybe you can go trenchless with that
http://www.trenchfree.com/

The picture is a bit small for me. It's hard to tell if the work can be done from the inside.

Last edited:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry I thought this was a Plumber site.

My mistake.
Yep, this is a plumber site. And probably the best. When someone posts something and nobody puts up an answer, it means that there's a lot of head-scratching going on. You threw a lot out there and it would take a lot of thought for someone to come up with a solution to your issues, even if they were on the job looking at it.
If you actually worked in construction you would automatically recognize and accept the fact that there are basically two things that get you through the day: humor and anger. I tried humor on you and it didn't work out that well.
Is my advice still welcome?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anyone seeking FREE advice nowadays, has to be more polite and less cynical, more respectful and less demanding.

Or he won't find nothing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks