Antique tub faucets what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

dylantaylor007

Reaction score
Hi; I have a leaking hot side in this tub. This is in a rental I own. I want to fix it as Simply and economically as possible. My online investigation so far leads me to believe that these faucets are not easily repairable, parts are not available. Does anyone know of a kit that would replace this whole assembly? Or replace the 'taps'? I'm sorry I don't even know what to call all the parts here. Right now there is one hole in the tub for the 'spicket', but I don't care if the new spicket goes over the top of the tub. this is in a rental I own.

antique tub faucet assembly.jpg

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I've talked to DEA Bathroom Machineries about similar projects https://deabath.com. They can make parts that are no longer made. Whether it's economical or not depends on what you're doing. The only tub mounted spout I've seen recently is made by gheberit, and has a vacuum breaker in the wall to deal with siphoning, but I don't think it would work here. You could replace the spout with an an overflow drain and remove the remote overflow, but you'd end up having to do some work on the drain. I don't think the drillout for the tub spout is the same size a standard overflow, so you'd have to deal with that.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think he is interested in a low cost solution, and not maintaining the antique look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks