Anti-seize for shower trim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Neptune

Reaction score
I'm installing a Watermark Gramercy shower thermostatic control. The backplate is held in place by chrome plated threaded brass sleeves that leave very little space on the circumference to grab onto. My real concern is that over time corrosion will make the pieces very difficult to unscrew, likely leading to serious marring of the pieces when trying to remove them.

Is some sort of anti-seize compound recommended to combat this problem? Will automotive anti-seize work, or is there some product or brand that is designed for plumbing applications like this?

Thanks for any advice

Reach4

Reaction score
Your idea sounds good. I don't know that automotive anti-seize, which is probably designed mainly for steel and aluminum would be ideal, but the plumbing fixture application should not be so demanding. Silicone plumbers grease might be an alternative.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks