Another washing machine relocation thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

BuickGN

Reaction score
In the middle of redoing my laundry/furnace room. I have already changed the location of my electric water heater and now ready to work on the laundry stuff. Moving things around to pick up some room to add a half bath while finishing my basement.

Original setup had the washer dumping into a 1.5" standpipe that went into the main stack. I bought a Kenmore laundry center to free up some floorspace and want to put it 90 degrees from where it was. I would like to put in a utility sink next to it but DON'T want the washer dumping into it. Was going to put in a new 2" standpipe and drain line to service both the washer and the utility sink. With proper venting would I have any issues with the washer backing up into the sink? Washer standpipe would be at the end of the run with the sink dumping in after it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
washer_rough_b.jpg

A laundry sink and a washer will do fine on 2" pipe, assuming they each have their own trap and vent.
The vents can be tied together above the flood level of the fixtures.
You could also come up between them, and use a fixture cross, thus using one vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks