Another venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

BrockHouston

Reaction score
This is for a second floor bath. The 2"(after wye) and 3" drain lines will run parallel and inside a single joist bay before turning down at the left hand wall. Due to framing and window placements and existing vent locations, running a lav vent through the roof would be more difficult. This is my current plan:
upload_2021-4-13_11-34-59.png
\
This is in Maine, and so under IPC. I have the AAV for the LAV in the design to help let some air in behind a slug. Is it overkill with the atmospheric vent across the room ( 8x8 small bathroom )? Also, am I correct to put the 3x3x2 wye flat since it is wet venting the W.C - even though IPC doesn't require W.C. to be vented? I plan to develop about 4 feet of length in the 3"W.C. to wye connection to promote a strong scavenging on flush. Any constructive ( or funny ) criticism is appreciated.

Brock

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think that will pass . and I'm sure it will work fine though only recommending if legal. in addition I prefer 2 inch to the lav through floor to your santee vent take off. 3x3x2 wye flat is best

BrockHouston

Reaction score
I think that will pass . and I'm sure it will work fine though only recommending if legal. in addition I prefer 2 inch to the lav through floor to your santee vent take off. 3x3x2 wye flat is best

Thanks. I'll switch to 2" from lav santee as you suggest.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wouldn't change work already done but basically don't glue that bushing in just continue 2 inch. 1 1/2 is ok for a lav we just 90 percent of time run 2 in unless its going to be more work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks