another priming question

Users who are viewing this thread

flagirl

Reaction score
New Female Florida homeowner!!....... Thanks for taking another priming question.

I've read all of the posts and still can't figure out what to do to get my pump working. The motor will turn on and run but no water will come out of the spickets when turned on. I can't really feel water moving in the pipe so I'm not thinking this is a self-priming system.

Can you help????? I follow directions well! :D

Attachments

• wellpumpII.JPG
    wellpumpII.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 255

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Pump probably needs priming!

1) Turn the pump off
2) Unscrew the pipe plug on the top of the pump
3) Fill the pump with water
4) Screw the plug back in
5) Turn the pump back on
6) Run about one minute
7) If it has not primed repeat the procedure again (up to 6 times)
8) Generally if not primed now there is a more serious problem.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The plug should be as I've marked on the picture below but, where the outlet line is there is no plug from what I can see. The water from the well comes in through the horizontal line from the right. That is a suction line (shallow well single line pump) and if the foot valve on it down the well leaks, the pump loses prime.

Attachments

• jetpumpshallow.JPG
    jetpumpshallow.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 214

flagirl

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll........ I will certainly give it a try tomorrow. But I'm thinking that the previous owner sealed the pipe so it may take me a few days to let you know how things are coming along! I appreciate the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks