Another American Standard shower valve question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dmeray1, Nov 12, 2012.

  1. dmeray1

    dmeray1 New Member

    Nov 12, 2012
    Allen Park, Michigan
    I am trying to rebuild the mixer valve on my tub and shower because of leaking problems. I could not get the handle off the tub mixer, so I drilled out the set screw and still could not get the handle off. Because I am replacing the stem, I cut the handle off. So I need a rebuild kit, stem and handle, but can anyone tell me what model this is? Are there pictures of how to rebuild the valve? I will finish the tub repair before I tackle the shower valve.
    I can't load the photos cause they are too big. I will do it later. The house was built in 1965 by the way.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    There were a lot of homes built in 1965, and they could have used any of several A/S valves. Without a model number or picture, there is absolutely no way we can answer either of your questions. But when you say "set screw" that may imply a push/pull valve in which case you have your work cut out for you to find a both a handle and stem, plus the rebuild kit.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Another American
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Another "help identifying shower valve" post Oct 16, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Yet Another Delta Monitor Question Aug 19, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Another question...Shower Drain Jul 8, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Another leveling the tub thread. May 6, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Another "help ID this shower cartridge" (& where to get a replacement) Sep 25, 2014

Share This Page