Anode Rod Length for Rheem Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Displaced

Reaction score
Hello All,

First post on this excellent resource!

I'm preparing to replace the anode rod on my Rheem PRO50E water heater. Model number on the unit is PRO50 2 RH91 and the unit itself is about 60" tall. I am having trouble determining the "right" part number replacement for the anode tube. Specifically I am wanting to make sure I get the correct length so I don't need to hack it down to the proper length.

I'm looking at the part number SP11256C R-Tech Magnesium Anode Rod. It's 44 3/8" long and .9" in diameter. I believe this will work, but since I'm new to this process I'd like to ask the experts!

Thanks!

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
That should be fine ....... Just be sure you have ceiling clearance for the 45" overhead ( 8'9" ceiling ? ) to get the rod in.
The 3/4 NPT opening is 1.050 .... so with a .900 rod you have minimal ( .075 per side ) clearance to angle the rod.

If not ... they do have segmented flexible rods.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks