AMX300 Thermostatic Element stuck inside valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Salemme

Reaction score
I am having trouble removing the plastic spool in the AMX300 DIRECTCONNECT™ MIXING VALVE
Mine looks just like the picture, which was posted some time ago. How much pulling can it take before it breaks? Should it be stuck in there? Also I can pull the little piece in the center . It comes out, it is about 1/2 in long, little metal tip wrapped in short bit of black material. To put it back in that black material slips on to whatever is in back of the spool. Does this seem like a part is broken?
After it was installed by a plumber, I needed to increase temp. It was turned down all the way. It was so hard to turn counter clockwise, (to increase temp) that the little grooves in the plastic handle that goes on the stem, stripped! There is a Thermostatic Element Replacement Kit, AM-1-025RP , but I would need to get the existing one out, which seems to be stuck.

amx300-inside.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks