Amtrol expansion tank different threads??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Kaiser

Reaction score
I am replacing a boiler expansion tank that was leaking. The original was pretty old, I went and got a new Amtrol tank just like the old one. but it will not thread on. Can there be different thread types? Is there an adapter? PLEASE HELP I am a friggin idiot..

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am replacing a boiler expansion tank that was leaking. The original was pretty old, I went and got a new Amtrol tank just like the old one. but it will not thread on. Can there be different thread types? Is there an adapter? PLEASE HELP I am a friggin idiot..

I'm not aware of a different thread for those tanks. Take the old tank to your supplier and they'll match you up. If you discover that you have the proper threads, it's possible that the male threads on your boiler are a little chewed up. Show the guys some pics. It may be as easy as heating up the old fitting, cleaning the pipe end and sweating in a new adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks