Americast Kitchen sink leakage

Users who are viewing this thread

AS400CS

Reaction score
I would like to have some guidance here. I discovered a leak on the side of my kitchen sink. There is no evidence of any crack from inside of the sink. It is a Americast sink with white enamel inside and a black coating underneath. Upon close inspection, I did find a small cut in black coating. My question is: What do I use to seal this cut? Thanks in advance!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cut

That coating is so thick that a small cut would not penetrate it. Besides, there would have to be a cut in the white liner for the water to get into the backing material before it could leak.

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Americast

Its hard to believe there is a leak through the side of the sink for the reasons HJ mentioned.
If you are absolutely sure it is leaking there, call American Standard and see what they will do for you as Americast does have a "LIMITED" lifetime warranty.
I've had to call them to send someone to repair a couple sinks and bathtubs that were just a few months old. I thought the product was very nice at first, but now after experiencing so many defects with such few installations I do not install them anymore.

AS400CS

Reaction score
About the sink

Thank you HJ and Clayton for your help.

I rechecked insides of the sink, there is no hint of any crack or cut. However, there is a "flip" drawer which is used to keep sponges, etc. When you open these flip drawers, you can see the black coating of the sink and when we first came to our new house, we had seen kitchen sink drain covers kept inside these drawers and they were touching the sink. Maybe that explains how the cut occured. I will follow the advice of Clayton and call the Customer Service to see what they have to say.

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks