American Standard Yorkville

Users who are viewing this thread

Potterboy1

Reaction score
I recently installed the above toilet(3 months ago) and so far so good no leaks:) My question today is about the tank. It mounts to the bowls with 2 bolts, one on either side of the rubber seal. The tank does wobble when touched (front to back) and I was wondering if this is normal or should the bolts be tighter? Obviously I don't want to tighten them to the point of breaking the china but can the wobbly tank cause other problems? Even though nothing is leaking.
Thanks
Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Generally, you can tighten the bolts to (almost) get the tank touching the bowl. I like to put a piece of paper in there, and tighten until I notice some resistance, but can still remove it without tearing. You need to do this a little at a time, alternating say a turn or so on each side. Since the porcelain won't compress, getting it truely tight is not a good idea, but close is fine. the key is evenly, a little at a time side-to-side, not cinch one side down, then the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks